I have an LG Chocolate with Telus. I have been looking around for a how-to upload your own ringtones. I stumbled upon a number of message boards, but none did a good job explaining or helping my cause. So here it is.
How to upload ringtones on an LG Chocolate
- Buy a USB Cable and install the driver on your PC.
- don’t bother giving Telus another $50 bucks of your money. Use eBay instead and get a cable for $10 or less.
- Download and install BitPim (bitpim.org)
- Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable and launch BitPim
- BitPim should find your phone on first launch. If not, it’s likely your USB cable and/or driver is not installed correctly.
- In BitPim, pull up the “Filesystem”. Expand the following path corresponding to the ringtones on your phone: /brew/1642/mds.
- On first launch the “Filesystem” is probably not visible. Choose View->Filesystem.
- Drag and drop mp3 or midi ringtones into the /brew/1642/mds folder.
- Right-click the folder and select Reboot Phone
- Voila! you should now have your own ringtones. And you didn’t have to go through evil Telus!!